Early Orthodontic Treatment for Your Family in Arlington, VA
What Is Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Issues Treated With Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment in Arlington, VA
- Overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Jaw misalignment or growth problems
- Crowding of the teeth
- Too much space between the teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Airway issues or speech problems
- Missing or extra teeth
Is My Child a Candidate for Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Not every child is a candidate for Phase One orthodontic treatment. Some don’t need it at all, while others need to be closely monitored. If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, you should discuss the possibility of early treatment with an orthodontist:
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty chewing and biting
- Speech issues, including lisps
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Protruding or crooked teeth
- Prolonged thumb sucking, usually after age 5
- Large gaps in between teeth or crowded teeth with no space
- Inability to properly close the jaw, or a shifting of the jaw when the mouth is opened or closed
- Popping, clicking, or grinding sounds when the jaw is moved around, opened, or closed
- Teeth that don’t come together properly or even at all
Come See Why Iverson and Wahab Orthodontics in Arlington, VA is the Perfect Fit for You
We understand how orthodontic treatment can change your life for the better. At Iverson and Wahab we work hard so every patient gets the care they deserve. Whether you’re looking for braces, clear aligners, or just looking for an expert opinion, we’re here to help. We proudly offer flexible hours and ample free parking for all of our patients. Plus, as a single-location orthodontic practice we are always available to the patients in our Arlington community. Schedule a complimentary consultation to get started today!